Alberta PCNs offer free health workshops and activities to help you better manage your physical and mental health.
Workshop topics include:
– smoking cessation
– mental health
– dietitian advice
– grief support
– diabetes management
– exercise classes
– and more!
Go to https://bit.ly/3iBm9mW to find online or in-person workshops available to you.
#ABHealth #MentalHealth #Fitness #Nutrition #Wellbeing #Health #WorkshopWednesday
It’s easier to stay active in the summer but as the season starts to change it can be more difficult to keep moving.
Walking is one of the easiest ways to exercise outside and a great way to fit in movement throughout the day. This fall, plan activities that involve walking such as apple-picking, hunting for the perfect pumpkin or simply enjoying the beautiful autumn colors in your neighborhood.
If you need more tips or support in staying active, talk with your family doctor. They can support you with your fitness goals and connect you with fitness resources.
#FitnessFriday #Walking #StayActive #GetMoving
Typically, Alzheimer’s disease begins with lapses of memory, difficulty in finding the right words for everyday objects or mood swings.
As Alzheimer’s progresses, the person may:
- Routinely forget recent events, names and faces and have difficulty in understanding what is being said
- Become confused
- Undergo personality changes
- Experience mood swings
Talk with your doctor about symptoms you or your loved one might be experiencing.
Learn more about Alzheimer’s and Dementia at https://bit.ly/3LhmkRW
#AlzheimersDay #Dementia #Alzheimers
We want to remind you to keep your health on the front burner. As you make your to-do list, remember to add any medical appointments or exams you have been putting off.
Regular and timely visits to your doctor can help you stay on top of your health.
Mental health is often misunderstood and can be difficult to talk about, but it is important to remember it is manageable.
Here are a few resources individuals and families in Alberta can access to receive support for #MentalHealth concerns:
- Alberta PCNs have a variety of resources including mental health workshops, social worker support and mental health professionals. Talk to your family doctor to learn more.
- @Anxiety_Canada promotes awareness of anxiety disorders and increases access to evidence-based resources and treatment.
- @CMHA Canadian Mental Health Association delivers free mental health programs, services, education and support for individuals and families.
- @Albertahealthservice Access Mental Health offers non-urgent information, consultation and referrals for individuals with addiction and/or mental health concerns.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health concerns, talk to your family doctor.
#MentalHealthMatters #ABHealth #Alberta #PCNBigCountry
Drumheller Associated Physicians will be closed on
Monday September 5th, 2022
for our staff to spend Labour Day with their families
Regular hours will resume, Tuesday
September 6th, 2022
All emergencies will be seen at the Hospital – 351 – 9th Street N.W.