Typically, Alzheimer’s disease begins with lapses of memory, difficulty in finding the right words for everyday objects or mood swings.
As Alzheimer’s progresses, the person may:
- Routinely forget recent events, names and faces and have difficulty in understanding what is being said
- Become confused
- Undergo personality changes
- Experience mood swings
Talk with your doctor about symptoms you or your loved one might be experiencing.
Learn more about Alzheimer’s and Dementia at https://bit.ly/3LhmkRW
#AlzheimersDay #Dementia #Alzheimers
Mental health is often misunderstood and can be difficult to talk about, but it is important to remember it is manageable.
Here are a few resources individuals and families in Alberta can access to receive support for #MentalHealth concerns:
- Alberta PCNs have a variety of resources including mental health workshops, social worker support and mental health professionals. Talk to your family doctor to learn more.
- @Anxiety_Canada promotes awareness of anxiety disorders and increases access to evidence-based resources and treatment.
- @CMHA Canadian Mental Health Association delivers free mental health programs, services, education and support for individuals and families.
- @Albertahealthservice Access Mental Health offers non-urgent information, consultation and referrals for individuals with addiction and/or mental health concerns.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental health concerns, talk to your family doctor.
#MentalHealthMatters #ABHealth #Alberta #PCNBigCountry
Having a baby can be a wonderful experience, but it can also be a time of uncertainty. Many women have questions and concerns as they face all the changes that pregnancy brings. But with advice coming from everyone, it’s tough to know who to listen to. That’s why having accurate information is so important! It will help you to make good decisions about how to take care of yourself before, during and after your pregnancy. At the beginning of the guide, you will find important facts and questions related to a healthy pregnancy.
Read more “Healthy Pregnancy”
Stress is also known to cause hyperarousal, a medical state when a stressed person does not feel sleepy. If the symptoms persist for a long time, this insomnia leads to severe sleep disorders. Let’s see some of the effects stress can have on the body.
Read more “Science of Stress”